If you want to invest in your property, here are our favorite home improvements tips from this month’s blog series that will make your house even more appealing to potential buyers.
As we saw in the previous articles, there are some minor, but key, changes can really enhance market value, even with a low budget. And the bonus; most of them are DIY! So here are RISE’s favorite home improvements that are super easy to do but still budget friendly.
- You don’t need to totally overhaul a room to refresh it: For example, revamping your kitchen with minor improvements, like freshening up paint colors, cabinet remodeling and replacing, is more than enough to enhance market value. Check out our previous article about kitchen improvements.
- Add personality, not clutter: Clear surfaces, entry ways and even your garden of unnecessary items in order to make your home look bigger and feel welcoming to potential buyers. Get creative with storage and statement accessories, like mirrors or local Providence artwork, that will both organize a room, make it look bigger and give it a personality. You can read more about this in our earlier blog.
- First impressions count: Make sure your front yard and porch areas are tidy and welcoming; simple fixes like planting flowers for a splash of color, adding hanging baskets bursting with in-season flowers from Rhode Island’s many garden centers or adding a sleek new house number to your home will create a great first impression for any buyer.
- Light and bright: Much like clutter, lack of light can make a home feel cramped and unwelcoming. Using warm colored lightbulbs, swapping heavy, dark curtains for shutters, or even adding mirrors in strategic places will make you home feel airy and fresh. Want to know more? Take a look at our blog post on this.
- When you’re ready to sell, make sure you hire an experienced professional: Once you have refreshed your home and it’s ready for its next owners, call us here at RISE. One of our agents will sell your home while eliminating the stress and uncertainty of selling. Get in touch with us today!